September Happenings at Ávila
As Summer transitions to Fall, we’re not slowing down here at Ávila! With so much to do, we can’t wait to dive into all of the fun.
You can browse our calendar of events here. Some of the highlights include:
- An outing to the Saratoga Racetrack where residents had a great time guessing who would be the big winner.
- Saturday night movies in the Lodge. Grab a bowl of popcorn and get ready to escape into the magic of Hollywood!
- Happy Hour is always a favorite. Wine and cheese events and pub night means there is something for everyone.
- Work your strategy in a game of Texas Hold ‘Em, billiards or Wii bowling.
- On Saturday the 16th, we venture to Troy for a tour of the area’s historic Tiffany treasures. The stained glass windows are absolutely stunning! You can learn more in our Lifelong Learning series post here.
- We get an extra special treat on September 18th when we attend The Origin of Chocolate, a presentation by professor George Robinson, in our media room.
- September 20th brings LOTS of activities to choose from – unwind with a relaxing chair massage, learn to make sushi or listen to the sounds of Max Haymaker in the Great Room.
Activities in a vibrant community are what Ávila is all about. Follow us on Facebook to see what’s going on at Avila, and to see our residents living life to the fullest!